Join the innovative and collaborative workforce of proton therapy providers. Our members provide world class cancer care, including the most advanced radiation treatments available. Our community is growing and seeking talent in a variety of areas.
Radiation Therapist, Proton Beam Center
Provide basic patient care to patients when performing treatments and procedures. Performs prescribed treatments and procedures on radiation oncology patients according to physician prescriptions.
Engages in population appropriate communication.
Has knowledge of growth and development milestones and tasks.
Gives clear instructions to patients/family regarding treatment.
Involves family/guardian in the assessment, initial treatment, and continuing care of the patient.
Identifies any physical limitations of the patient and deploys intervention when necessary.
Recognizes and responds appropriately to patients/families with behavioral health problems.
Interprets population related data and plans care appropriately.
Identifies and responds appropriately to different needs resulting from, unique psychological needs or those associated with religious/cultural norms.
Performs treatments, administers medication, or operates equipment safely.
Recognizes and responds to signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect.
Delivers radiation treatments according to physician prescription and treatment record.
Performs verification and interpretation of treatment set-ups according to physician directives/prescription.
Maintains daily treatment schedule efficiently and in a customer focused manner.
Performs accurate charge capture for procedures performed.
Maintains pre-treatment and treatment records.
Obtains a signed consent, prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification as part of this record.
Operates simulator, mold, and treatment equipment according to established departmental standards and policies.
Performs treatment simulation, fabrication of treatment devices, body contouring, documentation, and simple computerized dosimetry as required.
Initiates communication and anticipates resource needs. Takes a pro-active approach in workflow and technical issues.
Engages in student learning, reflecting the commitment to a teaching environment.
Performs daily quality assurance including output measurements as required.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required: Associate’s Degree
Preferred Degree: Bachelor’s Degree | Epic Hospital Billing and/or Epic Clarity Data Model (or current Epic equivalent) certification required.
Minimum Required: 3 – 5 Years equivalent experience, Willing to certify, license or graduate within 12 months-ARRT
Preferred: 6 – 10 Years equivalent experience
Service Specialist Proton Beam
Department: Proton Beam
Daily Work Times: Variable
Scheduled Biweekly Hours: 80
Provides advanced levels of equipment and/or departmental (engineering) service and support, to include schedule preventive maintenance, quality assurance inspections, installation, testing, calibration, troubleshooting, repair and general maintenance on Proton Beam Therapy System components. Participates in engineering design activities; product enhancements and development; installation; system start up and shut down; and development of technical documentation. Assists with training of newly hired service specialist staff. Works varying shifts as required to support medical physicist activities related to system commissioning, as well as to perform scheduled maintenance during non-clinical treatment hours.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer programming, mechanical design and manufacturing, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering or physics, with documented advanced levels of technical service expertise (OEM or equivalent) pertaining to the specific equipment requiring high levels of technical support.
- Five years hands-on experience performing direct repair and maintenance on both general and model specific equipment in one or both of the following specialized fields:
- Radiation Therapy/Oncology Equipment: Includes linear accelerators; CT simulators; stereotactic systems; treatment planning/imaging systems; and other equipment and/or systems specific to Radiation Oncology. Ability to service technology related to operation of synchrotron, beam line, magnets, gantries, high voltage power supplies, robotic positioners, computer control, safety and related technical systems.
- Robotic controls, software programing and development: Includes hands on experience programming in PLC, C++, Lisp, CNC, Solidworks, Autocad, Yaskawa motionworks and use of PINOZ Pilz Configuration tools
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
We are committed to encouraging and sustaining a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including pregnancy/childbirth or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status prohibited by applicable laws. We also make good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Seeking a full time, team-oriented medical physicist who will join a team of four medical physicists and five medical dosimetrists to provide clinical support to a three-room proton therapy clinic (2 gantries and 1 fixed beam). The medical physics team at Provision practice a hybrid-approach to clinical support, rotating weekly onsite support with remote work to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
- Provision Cares Proton Therapy Center is a 20-minute drive south on I65 from downtown Nashville, in Franklin Tennessee.
- The center is currently treating with the world’s first ProNova proton therapy system. ProNova utilizes superconducting magnets to reduce the size of the proton gantry without compromising 360-degree capability.
- Provision serves as a beta site for the RayCare Oncology Information System, developed by RaySearch Laboratories. RaySearch also develops the RayStation treatment planning software used across many radiation oncology clinics around the world.
- Provision also serves as a beta site for IBA dosimetry and their QA software package, MyQA iON. MyQA iON is a cloud-based QA software application that supports proton pencil beam scanning plan QA by use of a second independent Monte Carlo calculation, log file QA analysis, and direct measurement based QA using the MatriXX PT 2D ion chamber array.
- Calibrate proton therapy equipment in a manner suitable for accurate radiation dose delivery.
- Direct the acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment and treatment devices.
- Direct the determination of radiation dose distributions in patients undergoing treatment (i.e. computerized dosimetry planning or direct radiation measurement)
- Develop policies and procedures related to radiation safety and radiation oncology physics
- Design and implement pertinent aspects of the quality management program that involve the use of external beam radiotherapy equipment
- Maintain proper records necessary for APEx, NRC, state, or other regulatory agencies.
- Manage the medical physics service in a manner to meet or exceed established standards of practice consistent with the facility size and available resources
- Establish, develop, and monitor procedures for measuring the performance levels of equipment used in radiation oncology
- Evaluate new technologies and implement as needed, including acceptance testing of new equipment and treatment devices
- Consult with the radiation oncologists, as required, concerning patient doses and optimization of patient treatment plans and delivery
- Serve as a member of various committees such as the Radiation Safety Committee, Cancer Committee, CQI Committee, and the Hospital Safety Committee
- Provide technical direction of radiation oncology staff as specified by the Director of Medical Physics
- Master of Science or Doctoral degree in Radiological Physics, Physics, or related discipline.
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiological Physics
- Experience and fluency in modern treatment planning software systems.
- Excellent overall understanding of all activities of a proton and/or photon radiation therapy department, (e.g. treatment planning, quality assurance, revenue cycle, customer service, medical staff role(s), etc.)
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proven time management skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Mosaiq
- Coding skills, such as Python or C++, preferred
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proton therapy experience is desired but not required.
- Extensive inverse treatment planning experience
- RayStation treatment Planning experience
- Siemens CT scanner experience
- Coding skills or a desire to learn scripting, preferably Python
Provision CARES Proton Therapy located on Carothers Parkway in Franklin, Tennessee is the leading proton therapy cancer treatment center in Tennessee. We are seeking dedicated and caring candidates to join our team in providing care with one of the most advanced cancer treatment options in the world. Provision has been nationally recognized for award-winning performance in its patient care. We offer a competitive salary, fantastic benefit package, accrual of 15 vacation days in the first year, 5 sick days, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and fully paid short-term and long-term disability insurance. Help us provide the care and respect that cancer patients deserve!
Provision is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The data used to determine Indeed’s “Estimated Salary” does not come from our company and, therefore, may not accurately reflect the compensation for this position. We are committed to offering competitive pay based on a candidate’s experience and other external market factors.
CLINICAL SUPPORT: To encourage a healthy work-life balance, the dosimetry team at Provision practice a hybrid-approach to clinical support with 90% remote work and 10% onsite support.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The medical dosimetrist is responsible for the appropriate use of the treatment planning system, including designing a treatment plan for the delivery of radiation treatment based on the radiation oncologist’s prescribed course of radiation therapy. The medical dosimetrist, along with the radiation oncologist and medical physicist, will work to construct a treatment plan that will meet the prescription written by the radiation oncologist. The medical dosimetrist is also responsible for the appropriate use of the electronic medical record, including maintaining an accurate record of treatment planning progress, and communication and documentation of relevant patient information. The medical dosimetrist is responsible for continuing education and training students and interns within the department. This position will mainly focus on proton therapy treatment planning, with more limited photon planning responsibilities. The medical dosimetrist is under the direction and/or supervision of the Manager of Dosimetry.
- Design a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation with optimal beam geometry (dose-volume constraints, dose calculations) to deliver a prescribed radiation dose and spare critical structures in accordance with the radiation oncologist’s prescription.
- Identify and contour normal and dose-limiting structures by utilizing images from one or more data sets (fusion and registration, contouring/segmentation). Assumes proficiency in image registration with various image data sets to include CT, MRI and PET.
- Perform or assist in simulations and tumor localization using specified imaging modalities including, but not limited to, CT, MRI and PET.
- Perform or assist in the planning and implementation of the production of molds, masks, and other immobilization devices.
- Assure that the implementation of the treatment plan includes the correct use of field arrangement, beam modifying devices, biological evaluation, and any treatment variable associated with treatment planning implementation.
- Communicate with the radiation therapist(s) and assume an advisory role in the implementation of the treatment plan, including the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement and other treatment or imaging parameters.
- Assist Physics in treatment planning for complex cases, such as SBRT, SRS, CSI, prior radiation treatment, etc
- Perform calculation methods for the verification of prescribed dose and subsequent documentation in patient files.
- Review all external beam plans with Radiation Oncologist for approval.
- Interface with the Oncology Information Management System including Record/Verify, Import/Export, charges, etc.
- Create and transfer reference images and localization markers for portal verification and treatment delivery to include DRRs, CBCTs and other IGRT methods, as specified (review of final treatment plan).
- Teach applied aspects of medical dosimetry to students, radiation therapists and residents.
- Participates in continuing education related to the field of dosimetry
- Create comparative photon and proton plans and work with providers and finance team to develop detailed reports that demonstrate the unique and relevant dosimetric advantages of proton beam therapy for specific cases.
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in a physical or biological science or registered radiation therapy technologist
- Maintains certification by the MDCB
- 1-6 years of clinical treatment planning experience with clinical proton treatment planning experience preferred.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proven time management skills
- Knowledgeable in the areas of anatomy, physiology, clinical oncology, radiobiology, radiation physics, and radiation safety
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information with patients, family members, and the radiation oncology treatment team as well as outside entities
- High-level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Works independently, but in collaboration with the Radiation Oncologist and Medical Physicist
- Knowledgeable in using RaySearch, MOSAIQ, and PACS preferred
- Has basic-to-intermediate knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Physician directive communication
- Patient safety, privacy, and satisfaction
- Meet plan deadlines
- Accurate treatment planning and evaluation
- Accurate billing
- Accurate documentation
- Collaboration with teammates and related departments
- Maintain board certification
- Adherence to and participation in the Provision culture of care
- Reports to: Manager of Dosimetry
- Work closely with:
- Radiation Oncologists
- Radiation Therapists
- Patient Concierge
- Patient Care Coordinators
Oncology Licensed Practical Nurse
Our facilities in Jacksonville and Amelia Island specialize in the most advanced radiation oncology therapies available for all types of cancer. The interdisciplinary team at Ackerman Cancer Center is professional, compassionate, and dedicated to the highest level of care for patients and their families.
All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their start date.
The LPN will provide quality care to designated patients and assist the physicians as needed in the clinic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Venipuncture procedures as ordered by the provider
- Preparation and follow up on laboratory test results
- General nursing assessment of assigned patients
- Assessment of clinical needs & medication management
- Assistance & consultation with providers regarding patient care
- Participation in patient procedures as needed
- Provide administrative support to clinic staff as needed
- 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) experience in a clinical hospital/physician’s office setting
- Successful completion of an accredited Practical Nursing Program
- Current Florida LPN License
- BLS/ACLS Certifications
- Strong patient care skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
• Generally 9:00am – 5:30pm; Monday – Friday
Radiation Therapist - UF Health Proton Therapy Institute
The UF Health Proton Therapy Institute (UFHPTI), located in Jacksonville, Florida, has an opening for a Radiation Therapist position responsible for performing treatment planning simulations and administering a prescribed course of ionizing radiation to cancer patients. Individual will accurately perform tumor localization using a simulator, CT simulator or other radiographic equipment and will participate in the Quality Assurance Program. Also participates in the billing process for each patient’s treatment. Individuals are expected to observe and practice safety methods with patients and personnel. Position requires the ability to adjust to fluctuating work schedules due to patient treatment.
Qualified candidate must have excellent teamwork skills, strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills. 1-3 years Radiation Therapist experience preferred (treatment delivery and simulation). Manual dexterity, fine motor skills and the ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds required. Must be a graduate of a program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education and Accreditation for Radiation Therapy Technology. Must be board certified or board-eligible with certification obtained within 6 months in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Must hold, without interruption, current license as required by the State of Florida for Radiation Therapy Technology. Must obtain BCLS certification within 6 months of employment and continually maintain certification.
UFHPTI offers a competitive salary/benefits package, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to be part of a team committed to providing world class service to our patients.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No Endorsements: This Site may contain links to third-party websites, products and/or services (each, a “Linked Third Party Site/Product/Service =”). NAPT does not endorse the content on any Linked Third-Party Site/Product/Service. NAPT is not responsible for and makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding any Linked Third-Party Site/Product/Service. Your use of any Linked Third-Party Site/Product/Service is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies for such Linked Third-Party Sites/Products/Services. NAPT is not a referral service and does not recommend or endorse any specific hospitals, providers, physicians or others.