The Clinical Benefits of Proton Therapy
- Proton Therapy delivers less radiation to healthy tissues and organs resulting in fewer, less severe short and long-term side effects than standard radiation therapy.
- Due to fewer complications and side effects, physicians can potentially deliver higher curative doses of radiation to cancerous tumors.
- More than 900 peer reviewed articles have demonstrated that patients benefit when treated with proton therapy.
- Chances of developing a secondary cancer in later life due to radiation treatment are significantly reduced.
Source: MD Anderson Proton Pals Patient Support Group
Clinical literatures references available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proton Therapy is highly indicated for radiation treatment of pediatric cancers due to the high risk of children to develop secondary cancers from their initial treatment later in life.
- Studies have consistently demonstrated that proton therapy patients experience a higher quality of life during and after treatment.
- The only radiation treatment available that can treat recurrent tumors that have previously been treated with radiation.
- Treatments are non-invasive and painless and typically take 15-45 minutes per treatment.